sheltermanager.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
sheltermanager.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st March, 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Organisation name
- Organisation size and type
- Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new features, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use session cookies to allow users to login to our service. These cookies are used for no other purpose.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us. This information is all also available and editable under the My account page
Your database is your property. The data will not be viewed by sheltermanager.com employees unless explicitly asked to as part of a support ticket. Neither will it be distributed, leased or sold to third parties.
We will only release your data to law enforcement agencies if ordered to do so by a court and in this event, we will notify you unless we are not legally allowed to do so.
EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
The European GDPR puts some requirements on data processors (Sheltermanager Ltd) and controllers (you as a customer).
We already use industry standard encryption to protect data during transit and at rest. For customers in the EU, your data is stored on servers in the United Kingdom to ISO 27001 standards of both physical and electronic security.
The GDPR introduces a new 72 hour rule on breach notification. Since 2007 when we started, sheltermanager.com has never had a security breach or suffered data loss. If that ever should happen, we would comply with the GDPR and notify all affected customers within 72 hours.
In addition, the following features in ASM can be used to help shelters comply with key features of the GDPR:
- Right to Access / Data Portability: The "Person Print" report can be used to generate complete information held on a person in both human and machine readable formats.
- Right to be Forgotten: As well as an "anonymise" button to manually
remove personally identifiable data from person records, there's a new
option Settings->Options->Data Protection->Anonymise personal data after this
many years. Enabling this option will cause ASM to remove personally identifiable
data (name, address and contact info) automatically a set number of years from
creation. This helps enforce data retention policies.
Only personal information is anonymised, so historical statistics and reports can still be generated.
- Opt-In to Communication: For customers in EU locales, an option can be enabled to make communications opt-in, Settings->Options->Data Protection->Show GDPR Contact Opt-In on person screens. This adds a new field to person records allowing customers to flag which methods of communication are acceptable to a person. No methods will be set by default and people must opt in. The log tab of the person record can be used to record consent for communication with information on the types of communication, subject and the date.
You can download our data protection agreement for European organisations here: Sheltermanager Ltd Customer Data Processing Agreement